Hello

I am a brand new pond owner. I bought this property last year, and this summer I would like to start the process of aeration so perhaps by next summer my family and I will be able to swim in the pond. I would like to put the pump in a little box I built I on the back porch right next to the outlet. What I don't know is what I can expect from the length of hose I want to lay, and what kind of hose I can bury and what I should or shouldn't be worried about. Right now, I have 3 reels of 1/2" self sinking hose. 2x 150' and x1 300' & There are two valves on the pump itself.

Can I bury the self sinking hose, or should I use some conduit?

Are the distances I want to cover too great? 125' deck to shore - a liberal step off estimate from the outlet to waters edge, and then just under a 1 square acre pond. Depths reach 8' offshore very quickly and are 12 - 15' in the center.

Should I just use one valve and put a "Y" split in the hose? Or run two lengths of hose out to the pond?

In the picture you might notice a windmill aeration system, it simply does not move enough water to make even the slightest dent in the algae over the summer.

My questions are all construction based as my real world occupation is about as far removed from that realm as it could be. I have been doing my homework, and do know to be extremely mindful how long to run the pump initially. Slowly graduating from 15 min a day to 30 etc.

Hope to hear from some experienced people soon, thanks in advance for your knowledge.

Bobby
- Birds eye pic of property attached for you

Attached Images
property2.jpg