Ok so added are pictures of these creek chub. In our pond we have a shallow ridge that is between two deep bowls. This shallow area was shot with pea stone and stone chips before we filled the pond. The water fall maybe another reason for the creek chub spawning in our pond. There has been a few we have caught that have their scales on their back half all rasped up like they have been making a bed.

I am confident that these creek chub also have trained them self's to take to the pellet feeder as well. They take the feed differently than the yellow perch. The perch will turn on their side to take the pellet then the creek chub will jump clear out of the water at it.

So can anyone give me some if any cons to adding Brown trout to our perch pond. The only predators in the pond is yellow perch and 1 walleye (18" 3 years ago), that we know of and have never seen after original stocking of 5. Four died the very next day. I am certain there is as many creek chub as perch in our pond. I am sure the creek chub are also eating the small young perch.

My hand is stretched to about 8"s and we are catching right now about 10 of these before we catch a yellow perch. It could be early and I could be just worrying for nothing, but normally we can catch the yellow perch non stop after they spawn. Our first ribbon was April 3rd this year and last was April 10th. Removed all the ribbons we could.

Cheers Don.

Attached Images
Resized_20200502_190356.jpg Resized_20200502_190405.jpg

[Linked Image from corvettejunkie.com]
http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4

7/8th of an acre, Perch only pond, Ontario, Canada.