Been working with PK shrimp for the past 7-8 years now - this is what I learned about stocking strategies with direction from Cody and Travis and through many trials [and errors!]:

Fisheries with sufficient macrophytes established prior to predator stocking [only FHM/GSH forage present] we stocked 250-500/AC. For fisheries with established predators [and macrophytes] present we doubled that number to 1000/AC. For fisheries lacking habitat [macrophytes] regardless of fishery present we strongly encouraged not to invest in PK introduction until habitat could be established. By following these guidelines a self sustaining population developed in every project in which I was involved within a season. In some cases [due to low qty of PK available] I've achieved this with as few as 50 adults, but the population took longer to establish, as one would suspect. Hope some of this is helpful.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]