Hello PB crew! Great to hear from you guys, thank you for the birthday wishes!

The Livingston family is well, and trying our best to stay that way. Crazy times for sure. I hope everyone out there is healthy, safe, and making the best of things. We'll make it through this, just hold tight!
Yep, I'm still elevating. My four year apprenticeship officially ended in early March, but to be honest, I've had my own route and been on my own for a year now, so it wasn't a big deal. They got me a temporary license and cut me loose early. The big deal happens in three weeks, when I take the huge scary test to become a journeyman, and get my real license. IF I can pass it...I hear many don't on the first attempt...yikes!

Right now the elevator shop has been divided into thirds, with one third working while the other two thirds are off. Trying to minimize the spread you know. The university has really stepped up, the week you work is time and a half, and they pay you straight time to stay home the other two weeks. Very appreciative of that, so many are not as fortunate.

Bill, I'm still messing around with those crazy HBG, but not as seriously as I once did. The original HBG pond is a shadow of it's former self. I haven't stocked it in a few years now, very few hybs left in it. I did catch another hybrid just over two pounds out of there last fall, so that makes two that made goal. I also caught an Fx a couple weeks ago, and it was a good fish in it's own right. In my experience after a decade with these fish, the "it depends" mantra absolutely holds true. I never saw the reversion back to inferior fish that everyone reads about. BUT, this pond was dedicated to growing these particular fish only. That's a huge boost in my opinion. I do have HBG in another pond, but no efforts to achieve trophy status, just fun.

We are still making syrup! I can hardly believe this adventure began years ago with a couple old truck rims as a stove, and boiling 10 gallons of sap down outside in a hotel pan. Come a long way! Now we're running tubing, reverse osmosis system, divided pans, and for next year, mechanical vacuum off solar power to boost sap yields. (If I can get it built) We currently produce 4 types of syrup, Regular, blended with coffee, vanilla bean, and legacy. Legacy harkens back to my grandfather's farm, where they produced syrup back in the forties...it's slightly thicker, with a very smooth mouth feel, and a hearty maple flavor. The coffee is new this year, and has been a huge hit. I have to say, it's pretty tasty. Next year we plan to add a bourbon barrel aged syrup if things go as planned.

I saw a thread here about tractors..just wanted to say the LS i bought new three years ago has been awesome. I have no reservations about recommending them whatsoever.

Those carbs are a pain in the butt, eh canyoncreek! I miss it sometimes, and I still help out folks when they ask for advice, but i've resisted taking on any equipment to repair. Just too much going on.

TJ I have picked around 30 morels so far last week. Its time to go again, so maybe when I'm off I'll hit the woods. Good luck when you go!

I guess that's about all I've got. I've missed you guys, it feels good to be back on the forum for a bit. Water under the bridge I reckon. Everyone take care, and take care of one another. If i somehow manage to pass that test in a few weeks, I'll let you know!

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.