Like mentioned, if you absolutely need to have trout there's nothing wrong with stocking them in the fall - you can fish for them through the fall winter and then spring. If you know for a fact that they won't survive the summer them begin harvesting them in the spring. If you feed them through the fall and then through the spring you'd be surprised how much growth you'll get. If your pond has a good forage base they should grow quite a bit under the ice during the winter. You could also run an aerator in a shallow area during the winter to keep some water open so you can feed them through the winter.

All in all it's your pond and your choice. If you want trout then do trout. If you're really worried about survival I'd try browns. While they can be quite "anti social" and tough to catch they do have the highest tolerance for warm water/low dissolved oxygen levels. Rainbows would be next. I don't think I'd try brookies unless you get other trout to survive then maybe I'd try some. If you can get them around you tiger trout might be a good bet as well. Just my two cents.