Originally Posted by TGW1
snipe, any chance your weighted line is full of water?

Tracy, it back fills every time it shuts down. It takes 3-5 secs after pump comes on to seeing air.
I've had the entire weighted line up on the bank and walked it "up" to drain any water. I've unhooked line from diffuser and pumped air, it seems fine but I can tell pressure is not as high through weighted line as it is before weighted line.
I dropped weighted line without diffuser installed into 7' of water and it pumped free air for 15-20 min then dwindled off to zero, never noticed any change in pump sound. I've pulled it out and ran with line on bank, hooked diffuser up and set in 2' of water. Ran for about the same amount of time and air slowly stopped with all but 4' of line up on bank.
I suspected a pump problem and spent the 300$ on a new motor/pump and got the exact same result so it has to be something with that weighted line.
I'm wondering about filling weighted line with Hydrogen peroxide, capping and then flushing out..OR...I have a 50' piece of non-weighted Vinyl line I can try and maybe verify my weighted line being the issue.. That might be the thing to try.