snrub, it has been my understanding over many, many years that Omega 3s are most abundant in cold water fishes, and wild living fishes. Wild game (deer, elk, etc.) are good sources, too. Farmed fishes and domestic livestock produced under feedlot conditions are not included as good sources.

How that translates to our pond fish, I don't know. My guess is that naturally fed YP would be a better source than pellet fed BG. Naturally fed YP may also be a better source than pellet fed trout.

Now, if the pellets have a high quantity of Omega 3, then it follows that the trout and BG may also be richer in Omega3s. Let's get Dustin @optimalfishfood to chime in.

If algae is contributing to high essential oils in fish flesh, then tilapia and FHM might just be what we could benefit from eating. The flatheads could be canned, smoked, pickled, etc. Think FHM sardines.

A conversation I just had yesterday taught me that some specific Argentinian sardine is the very highest in Omega 3s. The person I was speaking with has not been able to find a source of these Argentinian sardines here in the US.

I've eaten nearly exclusively wild game for the last 50! years. Everything from ducks, pheasants, many species of grouse and quail, deer, elk, moose, caribou. All sorts of wild caught fish grace my plates. I haven't had the flu since I was a child (I'm 69 now). I get a cold about once in 5 years. I mostly "pay lip service to the germ theory of disease". But, I'm taking seriously this social distancing/hand washing thing. And letting my dogs clean my dinner plate.

Hope this helps.

Roger