Anthropic - I am assuming what you're calling a panther is a mountain lion. I have a love/hate relationship with lions. We deal with them a lot at our cabin. I have had them on our porch, on our driveway, ran into them in the woods and even had one jump on my elk decoy while hunting. I get enough of them on trail cameras to never get comfortable. I think they are an amazing critter and I really admire them, BUT they scare the hell out of me with my kids. My youngest daughter is 50lbs and a lion could snatch her up so quick I wouldn't even know what happened. Needless to say, whenever we are up there on vacation we are always on guard.

My mother in law had a run in with this guy on our driveway in summer 2017. After she started screaming he walked off and happened to go right by this trail camera about 60 yards from the cabin. After I pulled the SD card and got the pic I went up to look at the rock that is right in front of his left foot. It was almost as big as my hand with all my fingers spread out. That cat would be a handful, I don't care who you are..... I've been on the lookout for him ever since.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by wbuffetjr; 03/29/20 06:24 AM.

Keep This Forum Viable, Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management