I have a lot of larger waves washing my shore. It would cost more than I can afford to rock shore line. I have a lot of 6, 10 and 12 inch perforated plastic aeration tubes. If I would stake them half way submerged in the water, would they do any good to stop bank from washing away? I tried to plant plants but the waves wash them away or the deer, muskrats and geese just eat them. We get 8 to 12 inches of ice. Would they stay put or get carried away with the ice? Ice usually melts from the bank first. They are black so that would help. I also have a lot of 4 inch sewer pipe, but that seems like the waves would just wash over the pipe and not do anything. Not going to do the whole lake, just 500 to 750 feet on each side of the dam. The banks slope would drop off fairly fast when the lake was new. But now I have 15 to 25 feet of shallow water (6 to 8 inches ). In strong winds I have seen probably 16 to 24 inch white caps on the main part of the lake. When the lake is clear with calm winds ( under 10 mph.) You could drive over the dam and see 50 yards of muddy water next to bank. I have used broken up concrete but my supply is used up. I looked into concrete rail road ties, but again they would be about $1000. plus again that much for hauling. Thanks for any advice.

61 acre water shed lake. bass, channel cat, black crappie, wiper, walleye, redear sunfish, blue catfish and bluegill. To many bullhead and common carp
http://www.pondboss.com/news/videos/why-subscribe-to-pond-boss