Originally Posted by TGW1
Zep, I think this shut down is mostly about keeping hospitalization down. People will absolutely freek out when the call comes out that all hospital beds are taken for critical care.

Tracy I agree...and I fully support shutting down most of the social gatherings like sporting events, car races, concert, movie theaters, schools, etc....

Also support strong encouragement for people to wash hands many times a day.

I support asking people to keep a safe distance when possible.....but as far as destroying the economy over something that thus far looks to kill less or even if it is same as flu....I dunno...I just don't think people fully realize the pain and "freak out" we will see with a collapsed economy.

As for as hospital over-load...MOST people that contract corona-virus are not and do not need to be hospitalized.

Many, many people that contract corona-virus never even know they have it....they just think it's the flu.

There seems to be too much "OMG I've got the corona-virus" panic.

If you get it....for most people it's about like the flu....you don't go to the hospital....you stay at home and that's it.

For some just like with the flu it is more dangerous.

I think the hospital over-load factor is partly caused my the media 24/7 panic....so when someone gets it....they panic and run to the hospital.....when in reality most people with corona-virus don't need a hospital.

Why isn't the media balancing their scare tactics with informing the public that if you get it you most likely will NOT NEED to go to a hospital.

We just need some logic and balance....instead of sensationalizing and panic from the media.

This virus has killed 220 people in the US with a population of 327 million people.

In my opinion we need to take it seriously, but not destroy our economy.

I think this lady's story about her coronavirus is typical:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/12/heal...oPDWwqob44wv-lpYw2R10AqsJK8jwz9J-yLUCvw4

Fishing has never been about the fish....