My neighbor, who lives across the street and on the river, thinks that the pond may be leaking underground about 150-200ft into his backyard which slopes downhill all the way to the river. I'm skeptical, especially since the wetness didn't go away when the pond was empty. We've also compared evaporation rate of a plastic bucket to the loss rate in the pond, and found them both to be about 1/16" per day. At any rate, he offered to buy a polymer pond sealant product called Dam It, so we gave it a shot a couple of days ago. Sprinkled a lightweight powder all over the surface and then attempted to water it in. It turned into some lovely slime as soon as it got weight (including on the sweat on my forehead!). The rain which came that night was much more effective at hydrating and sinking it.
[Linked Image]

Whether or not it stops any leaks, it did a nice job of clearing up the water, bringing secchi visibility from 2in to 6in overnight.
[Linked Image]

Got a sample of Alum and put a couple pinches in a jar, had great results. I'll need to get some of this stuff a little further down the road.
[Linked Image]

Attached Images
DamIt Polymer Treatment.png DamIt Polymer Treatment Results.png Alum Treatment Results.png

Kris