Sorry I missed this thread.....Alum, when I apply it runs about $.90-$1.45 per pound of alum required, based on total water volume, travel, time, etc. and includes all chemical needed...Obviously, the greater the water volume, the lower the cost per pound...fuel, lodging, meals, equipment, etc are all static costs that have to be covered...That gives some people a range, and each pond is different.

TGW1, I am glad you got your pond cleared some, but your "theory" about the water mixing was not correct....Alum falls through the water column and needs to be sprayed over the entire water surface. To allow "safe space" for fish to retreat to, you only need to spray lines of Hydrated lime...The H lime will move slowly through the entire water column and will allow the pH to remain essentially stable.

RStringer...Alum, retail, should cost no more than $1.00 per pound....I buy from some major chemical supply companies and get a decent discount...After 9/11, homeland security made chemical suppliers complete Homeland security background checks on all customers, so you can not go to major wholesalers and just buy it anymore...Liquid Alum is considered Hazmat, and unless you have a CDL with the proper hazardous endorsement, no chemical supplier will load you. I also read that you have Koi in your pond...Unless you know they are all the same se, Koi will root heavily on the bottom and badly muddy your pond....I treated a church pond in Tulsa that had Koi, and wanted to keep the Koi...I told them the Koi are the turbidity source, and after they needed a second treatment, they paid to have me drain the pond, send the adult koi back to the donating parishioner, and kill everything else....The pond has stayed clear ever since.

Last edited by Rainman; 02/17/20 07:45 PM.