Ar,

We have expanded our search to include Arkansas and Oklahoma. Alot of nice property to be had. I'm definitely thinking of aeration as well. Keep the whole column of water moving and usable for the fish will definitely help overall health. Haven't had any cat in a long time but I could go for some catfish steaks .

I definitely want a clear pond but want to make sure it's deep enough so that I don't end up with a water weed garden. Anymore I'm catch-and-release no matter where I fish. Unless I go out after steelhead or salmon, there's always someone I know who wants some fillets. crazy

When we do finally move and get our property and pond, I'm going to use local resources to cull my fish when needed. I plan to form some sort of community outreach fishing program for kids. Let them experience the thrill of fishing and occasionally teach them how to fillet a few! The mrs wants to rescue horses and start a kids program as well. I'm pretty confident there won't be any filleting in her program. crazy

I've barely started to scratch the surface of the forms on here. There is a ton of useful information. Also going to order up a couple books and subscribe to the magazine. Not only for the magazine itself but I'm thinking about heading out to the get-together meet a bunch of the members. It should be a blast!

Uncle Shawn