Just stocked today 4corners. We had a cold day in PA today. High of 24 degrees. But the rest of the week was above freezing so I had only a thin edge of ice on opposite side of aerator when I stocked. My pond gets too warm for trout in summer. Until 3:30 today there wasn’t any trout in it. I purchased 60# of 10-12” and 65# of 12-18” rainbows and a few Golden’s. Tried to count bodies while slow releasing them from the dip net. I want to keep track of how many are left in the pond in June. The count I had was 142 trout with 18 of them Golden’s. Warmer weather is forecast. I’m going to try to feed each day. I will take water temp off the dock each day and record when they start eating. The depth at the end of the dock is about 6 and a half feet deep. Though it is on the same bank as the aerator. I’ll get temps on surface and on bottom. Though it is just a cheap thermometer I bought on amazon, don’t know if I trust it.

I did jump the gun a little today though. My pond is only about 75 yards from my house. I can see it through the sliding glass door from my kitchen table. I did witness a few fish break the surface of the water about an hour after stocking. Probably just jittery and checking new surroundings. But I thought, heck, why not try. So I ran out to the garage got some pellets and scattered two handfuls as far as I could throw. I did see two more surface swirls that I thought “might” be feeding fish, but that was all. Looking forward to tomorrow. Can’t wait until they explode on the surface again.

I did talk to the hatchery and he told me his water stays 50 degrees and they have been feeding well. But their other locations don’t have as warm of water and those trout hardly feed. They have about 4 locations in both PA and VA.