Quote:
Todd, I'm from MI but I know many on this forum are very interested in getting a supplier and a reliable source for Lake Chubsuckers. If I recall about 5 years ago you stated in a thread that you were growing them and hoped they would work out as a new forage species for your business.

If it could be worked out, you would be probably the only source and many of us would benefit. They would work in a big variety of climates and have several unique advantages over other more traditional forage fish.

Can you tell us why the LCS project didn't succeed, or what you learned? Can you try that project again?

We succeeded in producing lake chubsucker fingerlings, and did in fact stock them out here locally. However, most folks don't know anything about this fish. With its unusual and strange "fishy" name, we found ourselves bogged down trying to promote fish that these local good ol boys have never heard of.... LOL Plus this endeavor takes up a pond worth of space, and we can't afford to experiment when we are trying to max out farm production with proven high demand species.

It's ALL about the fish!