Thanks guys for your nice comments. I have had a lot of help here to get these fish where I wanted. Many thanks to Bill Cody and Eric, Al, Todd Overton and Bob Lusk along with other's here. Bill C., I started adding the HSB 4 yrs ago at 10" size. Over the past 4 yrs I have purchased and ladder stocked many different sizes so I am not sure which group this fish came from. I will say this is not the largest in the pond based on what we have caught and released. I think the hsb have done well in this pond. I had left my scales in the side by side so did not weigh this one. After catching the lmb we went back to the shoreline and got the scales. Flame the lmb weighed 7lb 1oz. It looked really healthy.

Flame, I am not sure about your pond but I have had some pretty bad looking water visibility for about one year out of the past 5 yrs. And the HSB continued to grow. Like you, and being a good fisherman at one time, I learned dirty water bothered the fisherman more than it bothered the fish. Your cnbg and lmb seemed to have done well so why not the hsb?

Rs, thanks, It was a good time spent with him. He never cared for fishing much, so for him to catch trophy fish was good.

Last edited by TGW1; 02/09/20 08:35 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy