Originally Posted By: ShortCut
Howdy neighbor! At 3-16ac it'll be far more cost effective and efficient to hire Arms (Dublin), Crystal Farms (Breckenridge) or someone closer to initially stock your pond. You only get 1 shot to stock it right and send it on a successful path.
Follow the advice given now and you won't regret it. You'll never bucket stock the numbers needed.
Depends on your goals and budget though.

Hello yourself neighbor!
I’m probably going to get my fatheads and redears from Crystal Farms. I noticed they’ve moved locations In Breckinridge in the last month or so. I stocked 200+ 3-5” bluegill today in the tank. I have a tank here at the house in Graham that’s overpopulated with BG. I’m going to haul a couple hundred to the tank orth of Abilene every week when I’m making my sales calls. They’re easy to catch in a perch trap I built. I don’t want to get too much invested in the new tank until the property is back in farming. It’s amazing how the CRP completely stopped the runoff. I figure to stock at least a thousand bluegill in the next few weeks, along with 10 pounds of fatheads and let them spawn this summer. I’m not sure when I’ll add bass. I’m not sure whether to stock fingerling bass this summer or wait a year and stock the more expensive 4-6” bass. This is a decision I’d like some help with. This tank was one hell of a nice fishery 25 years ago and I can’t wait to get it going again.