My TH feeders do well with BG feed, up to about 1/4 inch thick and an inch long. However, when I try LMB food, about 1/2 inch, the feeders struggle. Within a few days, they invariably jam up. Not a design flaw, they just weren't engineered for stuff that large.

So I'm looking at the Texas Avenger 80 lb Bigmouth feeder, but I've been told this is best for 3/4 to 1 inch feed. Half an inch might not work because it's too small. Frustrating...

Anyway, I'm trying to research the Bigmouth, which apparently isn't used much by ordinary pondmeisters.

Two questions. First, anybody know anybody who has tried the Bigmouth? What do they say?

Second, is there any research on the benefits of big pellets vs. small stuff for LMB and hybrid stripers? Even the largest CNBG can't do much with the 1 inch stuff (though they love the 1/2 inch), but the bass & stripers go absolutely nuts, preferring it greatly. I'm thinking that they will do better in terms of weight gain since it requires a lot less energy to eat the same amount of actual food, but maybe I'm wrong.

Any thoughts or comments? I am okay with spending the $ for a Bigmouth IF and only if it really benefits the fishery.

Last edited by anthropic; 01/24/20 12:08 AM.

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160