snrub, like you I have nothing to compare since I started with Kasco Robust air 4 yrs ago. At that time I had a veterinarian that did all my vet stuff for over 20 yrs (now retired). On one visit he told me his son was the rep for Kasco. In doing a little research I saw their charts comparing 7 other companies diffusers. Like most any business advertisements they boasted of moving more than 100gpm over Vertex @ 6.5' depth, @ 1.5cfm. They also measured 2, 2.5 and maybe at 3cfm. And a lower pump pressure. Each diffusers uses two U shaped tubes and looks like two separated but blended bubble areas at the surface. At that time I think they said the were the leader in market share. And so I gave a call to Ken Rust who is located in Baton Rouge La. He came up to the pond and did a depth survey and made recommendations for the six diffuser station system and with two half hp pumps and where to place them. If memory serves me I am moving air around 2200'. And was cheaper cost than the Vertex at that time.

Today, looking back I had to rebuild the pumps in year 3 and I am the worst DIY guy you most likely will run across so it's fairly simple job if I can do it. My only complaint was they disturbed my pond bottom around the diffuser head so I had to move them off the bottom of the pond where they now set on platform that is 18" off bottom. And they are an advertiser here on the Forum. But again, I have no personal comparison with any others.

Last edited by TGW1; 01/11/20 07:12 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy