Hello everyone, new pond owner, well, it’s been there all along. My wife and I bought this place in the Ozarks 2 years ago and I have spent most of the time building chicken coops and goat barns. I have walked this property (19 acres) about 5 times and had located the pond early on, but it was small and overgrown. Wow, was I mistaken, this is a gem in the rough. I thought it was about a 40 ft x 40 ft pond, since clearing all the brush, I now have a dam 80 ft, with shoreline going up a canyon for around 150 feet, with about 40 ft at that end. This is fed by a fresh water spring upstream about 2000 feet. Also, several wet weather creeks running. I’m planning on raising the dam a few feet and lowering the basin as far as I can to get rid of all the sediment and slag that has run down over the years. I’m thinking stocking fish in said pond. One side of the dam has been blown out due to a tree growing there and I guess it just finally seeped enough, it gave way with heavy rain years ago. Sorry for the long post. My wife thinks I’m crazy but I’m pretty excited to find what I found, I spend all my time there.

Roy Barnes
Doubleagle Homestead
Ava, Mo.