I built a straight Playstar dock I think 12 ft long X 4 ft wide. I don't think it was 16ft unless some of the frame sits 12"-18" on shore. I can later check total length if needed. To add stability to the deepest posts I used a slightly larger ID junk-yard steel pipe than the regular Playstar pipe & bracket. Pounded the large ID pipe about 2 ft into the pond basin. I then slipped the Playstar pipe inside the larger pipe. This resulted in dual outermost deepest pipe legs. I mounted my dock frame on the Playstar pipe. I then added a second playstar pipe about midway to shore. For back end stability, I then pounded close to shore a standard U flange state style road-sign galvanized post against each side of the dock frame and lag screwed it to the dock frame. Dock is very stable for my needs. I used the higher priced Playstar pipe bracket only on the 2 deepest posts. Used the cheaper pipe brackets for the other two pipes. I did not use the black plastic pipe bracket sleeves thus my playstar pipe must have been 1 7/8" OD.

Last edited by Bill Cody; 12/30/19 08:20 PM.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management