Snipe, with regard to the mating behavior of RS ... The Spawned eggs do not receive parental care and so males do not defend a nest. I read something fascinating about blacktails. One reference described the mating ritual as the female calling the males from the spawning location to announce her readiness to spawn. The author also stated that blacktail males could also distinguish their own females from RS female vocalizations. (In Texas blacktails and RS co-inhabit some streams). So I do not know if the RS mating ritual is essentially the same or not.

On a different line of thought ... Would the absence of parental care of eggs give the RS a reproductive advantage over the other two subjects in the pond with predators? I don't know but I do anticipate that you will find the RS introduction will succeed best where the freedom from nest care may be an advantage in a pond with predator fish. Gams and PKS also exhibit this freedom and have high rates of reproduction.

It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so - Will Rogers