Got a 15 1/4 inch 2 lb. 1/2 oz. Yellow perch out of the pond today! What a pig with a big belly! The perch was measured on a board and my scale is a certified scale so it's legit.

Hope to have a pic on my website if my server every fixes it where I can have access to my website again. Everyone else but me can get to my website, and I've already had a technician out to verify it's not my computer. Apparently it has something to do with my DSL line as my wife can't get the website on her computer either.

I put these perch in as mostly females at 8.5 to 9.5 inches in the spring of 2002 and they typically get up to 10.5 to 12 inches by fall of the first year. When planted they were 2 or 3 years olds and this one should now be going on 5 or 6 years old. They're feed trained perch but my bass don't let them feed on the pellets for the most part.

However they did get good initial growth on pellets before I got them.

Bill Cody says he can see 16 inchers swimming around in his pond under the ice but he doesn't want to bother them to see how big they will grow. I believe you Bill but seeing in the water and measuring are two different things! \:D

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.