Many Thanks everyone for the input, thats why I asked.
My goals for the pond arent huge, I am mostly a BC fisherman but I do want to be able to go out and do some good bass fishing, when I have a place where I can go out and land half a dozen 6# plus lmb or smb and all the crappy I can eat I am a extremely happy camper,, that being said I also have an interest in trying to accommodate handicapped, and all kids, and have them be able to go out and land a mess of bass and crappie and also some rambunctious bluegill is always a hit for a kid.
I never thought about the bluegill eliminating the yoy of the bass I introduce if I under stock. my concern would be if I fully stock them in recommended amounts, am I not short stocked on baitfish, since it was only half stocked? and would the fact that the bluegill have unlimited access to other baitfish fry such and FH minnows and such improve the survival rate of some of my bass yoy?

Again, I greatly appreciate the feedback, It is extremely helpful from people with experience!
I had a friend that had a pond built 20 years ago and him not being a fisherman just had the conservation dept stock it, now whether they were really good at it, or whether it was sort of a fluke, that pond had within a few short years some of the best fishing around, a really nice balance of fish, very impressive and extremely fun to fish, it has since been pretty much destroyed by an overgrowth of lotus and then afterwards had cattle directly in it, which is what the pond was built for in the first place, cattle water, although earlier they were served by a tank behind the pond till he had pipe problems and then turned the cattle directly into the pond, its kinda sad to go by and see 80 head of cattle using the pond for a big cooling tub in the summer,,, but then I do like beef too,,, they just a little more unpredictable when you get them on a hook.
Thanks again! didnt mean to hijack the whole thread, it was just a question that I was curious about.

All the really good ideas I've ever had came to me while I was milking a cow.