No we didn't. In my old life, I worked every third day, and I could take days off when I wanted them. I actually first met Sunil years ago at Richmond Mills on a fishing trip. I've driven to several member's get togethers in Nebraska, Illinois, and Brian's(Highfyler) place here in TX, and met quite a few "distant" forum members, and have continued to PM and see them on a semi-regular basis. In fact, Scott(Esshup) comes down from Indiana every year or two and helps me with pond related projects that are 2 big for me to handle by myself. John's(Snrub) place is on my list next time he has one. I first met John when he and his wife drove down here for one of Highflyer's deals in TX.

All playing aside, I've really learned a lot by visiting other guys/gals ponds, and not only got to put a name and face with a username, but learned tons. A perfect example of that was my trip to TJ's place in Nebraska. I obviously knew about fish cages, but I'd never seen them utilized in a pond in such a positive manner. Now I have fish in them almost daily, and several sitting around if needed.

RStringer, sometimes you gotta fill that gas tank up and hit the road. It really can be a lot of fun, and a great learning experience as well. I need to do a get together myself.

Last edited by FireIsHot; 12/14/19 03:20 PM.

AL