Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
How in the dickens did you drop that much weight?

Ketogenic low carb/high good old saturated fat diet. Quit eating ten times a day to let insulin levels drop low. Got off 100 units of insulin a day within the first two weeks of the diet. Have not injected a drop of insulin since last mid-February.

You can't burn body fat as long as insulin levels are high. The way to keep it low is quit spiking it high with fast carbs/sugar. It really is that simple. Almost everything we have been told and taught about diet the last 50 years? Mostly wrong. Look up Dr Eric Westman or Dr Jason Fung or Dr Ken Berry on Youtube. Profesor Tim Noakes if you are an athelete.

Watch any of the "Low Carb Down Under" videos on Youtube you can find with a Youtube search.

I can don my full set of diving gear, walk around all day with it, and still be carrying no more weight than when buck naked year ago. I can grab two bags of fish food to take out on my dock feeder and be only 5# heavier than I would have been holding nothing before the weight loss. Off a hand full of prescripotion medicines. Take zero prescription medicine now and last check up blood markers (including the much maligned cholesterol) all much improved. I got my life back. All with a diet change.

Last edited by snrub; 12/12/19 08:29 AM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine