The recent discussion around acronyms has me smiling. Acronyms are always awkward around anyone who hasn't learned them. I rarely use them except for here ... even when I text. I only use acronyms when I have first defined them or in a community where it is typical for most or all to understand the acronym. Which brings me back to here.

Were it not for the prevalent use of acronyms, I probably wouldn't do it. But early on, it seemed appropriate to learn them and to use them when participating in the forum. I'm smiling wide because I have taken the time to shorten many of my posts through edits applying acronyms. Even so, I also often deliberately omit an acronym when in response to post where they are omitted. IMHO, acronyms have a place here and are very useful in saving space and keystrokes. I've got an 11 year old and a 9 year old. I can tell you that acronyms do not deter them in the least and that they have their own repertoire of them and are learning new ones.

I tend to agree with those who described the archives as being complete enough to answer common questions. Many prefer to glean from this resource and find it sufficient. There are a lot of ponds out there for sure ... but most are not managed intensively and most owners of these pond don't find any fault in them. They accept them for what they are and enjoy them anyway.

Last edited by jpsdad; 12/09/19 05:46 PM.

It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so - Will Rogers