UPDATE!
In late October we had some locally heavy downpours with the main pond going over the emergency spillway. The 10” pipe couldn’t handle the amount of rain. At this point I became gun shy of stocking 20lbs SS and 600 adult feed trained 7”+ and 250 4-6” YP. This was going to be a sizable investment ($3500) with delivery. I didn’t want to spend the money on fish that might just wash away before they would even spawn. So I decided that rather wait until spring 2020 to install a siphon that I should just take a chance with a smaller number of YP. I was able to obtain 25 8”+ and 400 4-6” feed trained YP for just a little over $900 and delivered them to the pond. Also 300 1-2” RES were added to the main pond. I didn’t add any fish (RES or YP) to the forage pond because I will not be using it as a grow out pond and didn’t think that I needed to be concerned about parasites in the FHM/GSH and crawdads. Please feel free to correct me if I’m wrong. The 25 8”+ YP is all the supplier would sell me. Do you think I have enough YP to seed the pond for the fall 2020 stocking of 50-75 SMB, 100 WE and possibly the 250 BCP?
Thanks!
Heppy