Here's the pump I bought...

I use a single 120V 15 amp circuit. That circuit runs my dusk to Dawn light, the pump, and the pump house fan.

Notice that the pump can be wired for 240 as well. You'll want to verify it's wired correctly from the supplier. If not, it's easy to switch.

I use a GFCI outlet for safety... Pond water and electric in close proximity, plus it's outside. I also use an outdoor rated timer to control the pump. That's it.

If I had to do it over, I'd add a second duplex outlet for convenience...droplight use, extension cord, or whatever. I would also like a timer that would allow me to turn the pump off without unplugging the pump or timer, stopping the timer so that I did not have to reset the timer clock when the pump needs to be turned off for messing around with the system. Rare, but it would be nice.

My system consists of an intake filter, pump, pipeworks manifold (plumbing fittings to make the air go 5 ways), 1 way for a pressure gage (fluid filled) to read pump pressure, 3 lines out with flow control valves to difussers, and 1 for a pressure relief valve.

I ran 3 PEX lines out of my pump house into the water where the weighted line connects and then goes out into the pond. This kept the control valves above ground and in the pump house. I used a buried 4" PVC pipe to run the PEX lines, 18" deep that stopped under water below where the ice could freeze. This would allow me to replace the PEX lines or add more if desired.

I do not have pressure gages on the individual lines, but that would be cool... Not necessary though. I adjust the bubbles by sight and monitor the overall system pressure by the single pressure gage. Individual line gages be handy if you had to troubleshoot a malfunctioning line, but I'm not seeing a real need for them.

Last edited by Quarter Acre; 11/24/19 12:35 PM.

Fish on!,
Noel