I have to say this is a really well thought out plan, and the drawings didn't really give me a sense of scale of the lots being that large.

Around here in NY, the lot sizes get smaller and smaller, while the houses get larger and larger. At least it is economical in that you can share a bar of soap between the bathroom windows! The tracts are designed to cram in as many people as possible, and provide no balance to the environment like green space or a simple retention pond. Just stuff them cookie-cutter houses in!

The funny thing is I totally like the idea of boat rentals rather than owning one. My wife has on and off mentioned that we should get a boat, but I nix that one as I have seen how much of a time and money sink they can be. However, if I am going to rent a boat, I am going to need it long enough to put it to good use between fishing, skiing, wake-boarding, drinking, sobering up, and finally going to dinner (maybe taking a nap somewhere in there too). But when you have access to the Finger Lakes and the St. Lawrence river, there is much you can access with a boat.