Originally Posted By: Kris B
What is the max or recommended distance I should be running weighted tubing or PVC pipe for, say, the Vertex PondLyfe 2 system? I can't seem to find much addressing optimal routing for lines between the compressor and diffusers. Even if the effect on efficiency is small (is it?), the effect on cost for pipe or tubing might be large.

I'm looking at either a 150ft run alongside a 350ft run, or a 350ft run tee-d off for the first diffuser at 150ft and going on to the next one at 350ft, or possibly something like 200ft of PVC pipe to a remote valve box with two approximately equal 130-150ft runs of weighted tubing. (see attachment)

Just a thought or three after looking at the pic of your pond and reading your post. The pond is kind of boot shaped with the toe facing left. I would run a separate line to each diffuser and control their flow independently at the manifold by the compressor. Trying to drive more than one diffuser from a single line limits your control. IMO for maximum efficiency, I would put the compressor at the heel of the boot to minimize cost of weighted line and line pressure drops. I would build the compressor enclosure at least a couple feet off the ground(mine is 40 inches)and you will never need to worry about condensation as you will have a significant drop of grade for your air lines into the pond.

Here is a picture of my compressor enclosure. I made it oversized so I could keep minnow traps, a tackle box, and other good stuff in it. With the exception of the posts, I made this from things I dug out of the burn pile the contractor that built our house left. You can see the air lines for each diffuser coming out of the bottom of the enclosure. The air lines run underground thru a poly pipe from there at a good grade to the pond where they branch off to the individual diffusers. The elevated enclosure also keeps your compressor high and dry in the event of a high water event(I've had 18 inches of water under mine!) and provides a comfortable height to do maintenance on the compressor. (This pic was taken right after I built it. I've purdied it up some with a landscape border enclosure filled with white stone. I hate to weed wack!)

...Just my 1 cent

Attached Images
My House.jpg
Last edited by Bill D.; 11/20/19 09:51 PM. Reason: clarification

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!