Just about everyone on here will tell you to run air to the pond except me. I say run electric. Unless you keep your line on grade from pump to water, any dips in your airline will collect condensation. Without the right site, how do you take a buried airline up to a valve box or into the water without making a big P-trap in the line? That P-trap full of water will increase the load on your pump. The increased load will draw more power anytime the pump is running, lead to premature wear, CFM losses, etc. I have never seen anyone factor in those long term costs when saying it's cheaper to run air.

Yes vertex discs can operate with .5 CFM per disc, but 1 CFM per disc is what was recommended to me. You are also starting with only 2 CFM so any losses and you will be less than 1 CFM per disc.

Last but not least, I can't tell you how many times I wished I had run electric instead of air simply for lights, etc, etc... With electric you have lots of options and possibilities, not so much with air.

Keep This Forum Viable, Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management