Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
Will residents have access in their own boats? Doesn’t sound like the business plan allows it. And, it makes financial sense.

No, residents cannot use private boats on the lakes. With this many residents, there isn't any way to coordinate the schedule or limit liability. Besides, the whole point is that these residents will have a much better boating experience at their fingertips for far less cost than if they owned their own boat.

For example, I would spend about $3k/year boating in this community, but the same amount of use currently costs me $8k/year to own my own boat and use it at public lakes. Not to mention the hassle of travel and upkeep. Also, I wouldn't spend most of my day looking for relatively smooth water.

We will always have 4 boats in the community. 2 will be brand new (one comp series ski boat and one comp series wake boat) each year and always stay in use at the respective lakes. The big lake will have a second boat that is last year's model to accommodate simultaneous riders for tubing. The fourth boat will be available for rent (at an economical $200/day) if residents want to take their family boating offsite.