Tuesday looks like the day we'll seine the pond. We're doing a "light" seine just to lower the biomass. Looks like we got 3 distinct sizes of CNBG this summer, so ultimately, although we lost the pond last spring, it's recovered well.

Below is a pic of my seining needs rev.4. Obviously the net. I lay it out and make sure there aren't any tears. 2 dip nets. One for pulling batches from the seine cradle, and the smaller square one for getting the transported fish out of the ice chest. We don't need the transport tank because we're just running a couple of loads of CNBG across the road to one of our neighbors. Basically, we're bartering seining help for fish. Everybody wins. The waders aren't really needed when the water is warmer, but they sure are nice this time of year. The buckets are for moving fish up the bank, and all 3 have vent holes on the lids. Nothing worse than slipping and dumping a load of fish, so the screw on lids can eliminate that.

I've posted the pics before, but the ice chest carries everything I need to move small batches of fish. O2 bottle with a preset flow meter, Pentair O2 disfuser, ruler, salt, clove oil, and a very bright pink bucket for getting water to fill the ice chest. Nobody steals or borrows a pink bucket.

The saw horses are what we've started using to make a cradle once the net is pulled to the bank. The legs are cut so it sits pretty level in the water, and we drape the top and bottom of the net over the saw horse, making a cradle that really, really makes it easy to sort fish in the pond. I'll post a pic of that once it's set up.

Attached Images
IMG_5552 copy.jpg
Last edited by FireIsHot; 11/17/19 08:35 PM.

AL