I for one cannot wait to watch your progress on this project. Please keep us posted with pictures!

While I personally would love to have access to water and boats like this, I wouldn't want to be crammed in with a bunch of neighbors competing with these same resources with their own opinions on how/when it should be used. Just not my bag, I like my privacy. It just makes me think of a small version of a Disney resort I wound't mind visiting, but living there full-time would get old quick for me. I am sure and know others who would enjoy this.

I was thinking about the white sand issue: you have something going good for you, is the wave action from the boats. The waves will keep the sand more or less clear. However, the sand will also move despite the shallow 1:16 slope. I was wondering if there was a product like a plastic erosion material, cell-like, that could be laid down to contain the sand. Place that down, and lay enough sand to cover it up, but the sand can never wash away below the surface of this material, preventing subsoil from being exposed and ruining the water quality.