How does one determine if there are too many does? Our does look to be very healthy and fat for the most part. I have been involved in another forum for years. Texas bow hunters is a good place to start for information. There are a few other places to look when it comes to deer management. Growing deer tv is another place where there is some good info. I have yet to come to an answer when it comes to how many deer is too many? I found out same as here "it depends" The state biologist are involved in the picture. They help to determine how many deer can be taken per county. My best guess is the overall harvest of deer per county guides me to believe what our deer population is in each county. Every county in Texas has different numbers when it comes to harvest. In my county it's two bucks and two does. Bucks have to be outside the ears before you can harvest. In Louisiana, Caddo Parish which is net to me, the harvest numbers are larger when it comes to does. Last time I looked it was 6 does can be taken. And for the most part the bucks are what I call basket bucks. This is most likely due to food and age and not genetics

Pat I see no participation in breeding during Oct here.

Last edited by TGW1; 11/07/19 06:38 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy