Originally Posted By: RStringer
I got a question. This will be in Utah right? Whats the weather like there? Myself I wouldn't want to pay if I cant play. Now don't get me wrong this sounds like a very cool project. But if its iced over several months of the year and cold for a couple more. How many months would you be able to use this?

Yes it is in Utah and certainly there are some very cold periods. Keep in mind that typical humidity is around 10%, so the swings in temperature don't feel nearly as extreme.

For those who aren't familiar, Utah is a sportsman's paradise. This "resort" will cater to many of those activities. Obviously, boating is a big part of it given the design of the lakes. The boating season for the normal person is mid April to Mid October. This is when daytime temps are above 60*F. Especially with these private shallow lakes, the water stays warmer so they have a longer season. The most dedicated skiers will start in March and go to November,with dry suits. For example, As I type this, it is 60*F outside, not a cloud in the sky and will be like this all week. So people on the shallow man-made lakes are still skiing. That is one big benefit to being in this resort; 7 month season instead of 5. Beyond the lakes the residents also get high quality river fishing in their backyard- similar to what you find in Island Park Idaho- as well as biking, tennis, swimming pools, spas, gym, etc.

In the winter, the temps get so cold that the lakes will freeze over thick enough to drive vehicles on. We are going to have a dedicated ice skating rink and regulation ice hockey on the comp lake. The large lake will be open to snowmobiles towing snow tubes and fat wheel snow biking on groomed trails.