I for one am ashamed to admit have not donated to the forum, apart from subscribing to the magazine. I am really guilty there, and have a lot of seemingly valid excuses. Planning a donation soon when my family is back on its feet (long story).

I do try to contribute content when I have something to offer when I can, to offset the lack of donations. I am no expert biologist, just an engineer with a hobby.

FYI for image sharing: I have been using Google for image storage when not on FB. It works well enough, just a pain in the butt to embed then in a forum like this. All the other image hosting sites have gone to a payment system.

An option would be to roll over the forums to Disqus, which is a hosted service. Works well enough on Wundergound, but honestly I like ubb well enough.

As an aside, note how dpreview camera site is laid out. Articles are posted, and there is the ability to post comments about them below that are tied to forum logins. If the goal of a website is to attract a community of people and therefore customers, this is about as good as it gets. However, with more people comes more problems, and I have had a lot of trouble with flat-out jerks there. The type that if they tried to pull a stunt like they do in a bar face to face, would not end pretty for them.