My wife did not grow up doing this. My first deer (a small-racked 7-point with a massive body) was taken with a bow in the evening of my first year hunting when my wife was about 6 months pregnant with our first child. While it did not go far, my tracking skills were not so good and I thought it ran off. My wife found it the next morning and by the time I got home after she called me at work, she had it field dressed and loaded in the pickup truck. When we checked it and found out the butchering cost, she said to let her do it. I do not know how many deer she has handled over the last 25 years, but it must be close to 100. She eats most of the meat and the dogs get what most discard. We have shared both meat and field-dressed deer with friends and the needy as well. My wife is always outside (even now) and enjoys splitting firewood with a Monster Mall. Somebody around here needs to work? Come to think of it, she drives a Jeep and I drive a Miata. A far cry from my high-school sports years:) Once in a while she does ask for help...

Last edited by RAH; 10/24/19 08:00 AM.