I am not privy to any of the past squabbles being a relatively new member, but I can say that I truly appreciate the lack of drama, name calling, and degrading here at PB. Other forums that I have visited are full of smart-aleck-know-it-alls who obviously need a whoopin'.

Some of this has to do with the pond hobby mostly being a middle aged and above activity and it does not take too many gray hairs to thwart a cocky newcomer. Even though I hate to see the thwarting happen, I'm glad for this family-oriented place to hang out.

As far as the forum being slow...I'm sure alot of it has to do with the abundant amount of info already captured and available for those who have the time to search through it.

AND, I may be wrong here, but so many of the people with ALL the high end information and experience rely on that to make a living and I can't blame the them for not broadcasting it to the world.

Currently PB is a GREAT place to get started in the hobby and a very good place to share the more intermediate concepts and out-of the-norm experiments. I am very thankful for all those who have made that so!

Fish on!,
Noel