Originally Posted By: Quarter Acre

At this point, I would suggest using two (or even three) diffusers at a much shallower settings and the HiBlow 80. You do not need turnovers that fast, hence the more shallow settings. 2 or 3 diffusers spread out in the pond with shallow depths will yield very good surface conditioning and turn the pond over very well (maybe too much).

90,000 gallons / 10 hours = 9000 gallons per hour

9000 gph / 60 (min/hr) = 150 gpm

Let us know if my rambling makes some sense and we can regroup and explore your options further.

This is great! Thank you so much for this. It's all the information that I've been trying to understand, easily explained, all in one place.

It's only ~$60 difference between the 40 & the 80. So it makes sense to me to go with the 80. I'm going to start with the two diffusers... and see how that goes.

If I understand everything, and I'm reading the below chart correctly, the 80 should push ~2CFM at 4'.

If my diffusers are as efficient as the XL1 (they wont be) then I gather they'll push 1400GPM total, since the 2CFM is divided between the two @ 700 each.

I'll estimate that I get maybe half that from my homemade diffusers. That should turnover my 90,000 gallons in just a little over two hours.

That sound right?

I just read another post where the gentleman put a diffuser in his 25yr pond, ran for six hours, and killed many of his fish.

Had I not read his post, this absolutely would have been me.

I'll start shallow, and short (time). and work up from there.

I need to start a thread where I just post pond updates.

Thanks again!

-Jerry

Lots to learn. ~4200sqft pond LMB BG.