Snipe, Thank you so much for joining in. During my reading I thought most will use the Spotted lmb female along with the male smb but it's also done with other lmb, like the nlmb and it has been done with the flmb also. And I think they have also spawned together in the wild. I was surprised to see there are several states that spawn these lmb at their state hatcheries. And since it has been done using the female flmb then if I could get it done I would lean toward the Florida genes in an attempt to grow the largest meanmouth. smile

I was lucky enough to walk through the hatchery At Lake Texoma where they produced the Stripers for the lake. That was back in the early 80's so at least I remember what a tumbler looked like lol.

Snipe, if you have a chance, would you ask Meade if I could do a walk through or even volunteer as an assistant during their lmb spawning events. I think I would enjoy the whole process of producing some meanmouth lmb.

I would have thought I might see the process of manual spawning lmb through the web but have not located anything on it so far. I read where the meanmouth is a very aggressive bass, if it could be done using the Florida lmb then that might be nice. smile

Snipe never mind asking meade for me to visit. I think I can make a visit to the Texas fish hatcheries. But any information you might run across might help. thanks again

Last edited by TGW1; 10/20/19 07:44 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy