Hope Dad gets started this fall. Not sure. The pond is an old farm pond that was only about 1/4 acre. I remember being about 8 (34 years ago) and finding what I think was a big eyed 2-3 inch crappie in a puddle behind the spillway.

The pond was enlarged about 8years ago by my uncle who has been a resident on the place all along. He says its 1 ½ acres….don’t know (asked Dad to walk it and give me the steps). My uncle put channels and copperheads in it but no bass until my father and he put 20 10-12 inchers in about 2 years ago.

To my knowledge it’s never been drained. The catfish don't bite anymore but it’s easy to catch the brim and bass. There where bass in it before the 20 where seeded 2 years ago. I say this because a 5 pounder was caught last summer and I don't think he was one of the 20 based on size. This pond is also full of shiners which leads me to believe there are few bass.

Anyway, Pops and I have talked about the plan and he's decided to drain the pond and salvage the fish for a massive fish fry and fill up everybody’s freezers in the family. He’s talking to a dirt guy who will use a long armed excavator to muck out the bottom and enlarge, contour, etc. Dad wants to enlarge again and that will depend on how much dirt his guy can move in a day. He had set a budget of $20,000 to build a new pond but hasn’t said how far he will go on this renovation.

I gave Dad a subscription to Pond Boss years ago and he understands points, trenches, and cover issues. Anyway, it’ll be great fun and I’ll post as many pics as possible.