QA I went down to the pond today around 2:00 cloudy nice and cool. I was going to cast around for a bit to see if I could land a few BG for supper, I just took my go to pond jig that I have used for years to catch crappie in a different hole.

As soon as I got there I witnessed a massacre. Stripers were exploding out of the water everywhere right at the bank of the dam, probably 3/4 of the length of it. I was across the pond by what I have dubbed the BG hatchery thinking man should have come down here for stripers. I stuck with the bg plan. Cast out and BAM jig nailed, drag screaming, I thought I hope I land this toad of a catfish some knucklehead has dumped in my pond so I can whack it in the head. Big relief to see it was a hsb. Caught a second one a few minutes later, then I had to go do something productive.

I will still go with worms the next time i target them, but it's possible these things are likely to smash whatever cross's there path. I also caught 0 BG, but saw lots chowing on pellets tonight.

Attached Images
m10-3-19 014a.jpg m10-3-19 012.JPG
Last edited by mikepjr; 10/03/19 09:01 PM.