Your spreadsheet project sounds very cool. I think that most people who would be prone to using such a tool would be measuring AND weighing, but what little I know about spreadsheets tells me that it could be set up to to either. For example, most of the time I weigh and measure, but on occasion I just get a length. When both are entered, the spreadsheet calculates the pond's "standard weight" and can generate relative weight, but when only length is entered...it figures the standard weight from a table (I suppose) and goes from there. Given your mathematical abilities and all the pond calculation out there...the spreadsheet could get very involved.

I have not kept any fish for table fare, but I have culled medium sized HBG offspring. I will be culling larger HBG and a few HSB very soon (6 in the cage right now) and can see how such a spreadsheet could be used to estimate my two new favorite terms...Standing Weight and Carrying Capacity!

Keep me informed regarding your progress and I'll make stuff up as we go. I feel like I am talking to one of the controls engineers at work...I wave my hands and blabber a bunch of stuff on how easy it will be and how cool it will be and he walks away for a weeks worth of hair pulling.

Fish on!,
Noel