Pat Williamson, I'll be your huckleberry, I wouldnt have a BOW without Black Crappy in it, lb for lb they are the most fun, fastest growing and some of the best freshwater eating fish there is, That being said, one cannot be shy about harvesting plenty of them, one of the great thing about them is the knowledge that when they get overpopulated they get really hungry, and can be caught as fast as you can cast, if the ones you catch are too small for nice fillets, I prefer >10 inches, you need to remove more of them, I can see why nvcdl had problems with over population with a pond that hadnt been fished for a number of yrs, if you dont keep up with them they will over populate fast, especially White Crappy, they reproduce way faster then BC, I have fishing access to a 3A BOW that has WC in it, if you dont remove enough of them every year you will see stunted ones within a yr or so.
If you will keep up with what time the spawn is about to happen in your locality you cannot cast into the brush without pulling out one of the tastiest fish you will ever catch,, it never gets old for me. anybody with a overpopulation problem call me, for a reasonable fee I will take care of it, but hopefully you will invite me back the next year or so after when you have some 15" slabs.

All the really good ideas I've ever had came to me while I was milking a cow.