Hi all,

I wanted to give an update on my situation since I have been helped so much by the responses on this post. So here it is...

The bass are growing rapidly. The average ones are 4-5", with the biggest being 6" or a little more. They were maybe 2-3" when I first spotted them a month ago, possibly less. I have been catching them on a mini Trout Magnet. There are more of them than I have ever seen now. It is truly crazy. I can catch one every cast from anywhere in the pond, and if I throw a small spinner, literally 50+ swim after it.

I believe they have eaten all of my minnows, and I'm actually concerned about that. I know that my trout were eating them, so it wouldn't be good if they depleted the population. Is it possible for a bunch of baby bass to do so? I believed so many hatched because there are no other fish in my pond that would bother the nests (the trout are near the bottom of the pond.) Over the past three days, I have put a minnow trap with different baits, dog food, bread, crackers, meat, cheese, +, in different places and haven't caught one minnow. I used to see hundreds schooling along the shores everywhere, now nothing. Should I be concerned about this?

Any suggestions on what to do going forward would be great.

Thanks again to everyone who has helped me with this.

Adam

I subscribe!