Originally Posted By: Shorty
We have an 1800 acre lake 10 miles from me that has been extensively stocked with FHC and wipers to control an accidental introduction of white perch. Branched Oak lake also has gizzard shad and the FHC are under total catch and release regulations. There are still lots of 5-6" stunted white perch in the lake. Stripers we're stocked several years ago to no avail, it is however a fantastic FHC lake.

http://magazine.outdoornebraska.gov/2013/06/branched-oak-flatheads/

Shorty, I've spent quite a lot of time last night reading up on Branched Oak. The FH reproduce there and are not harvested so I guess they are just unable to reach the biomass that might control the white perch. There are a lot of other predators in the lake as well. It must produce a huge weight of white perch annually small though they are.

I could find no reference to how they got there. Every state has its conspiracy theories about wildlife biologist gone mad ... does one exist about white perch?

Last edited by jpsdad; 08/22/19 05:39 PM.

It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so - Will Rogers