My new 0.4A pond has about a grand total of 6" water in it right now, with a full pool max depth of 12' and an average depth of probably 7'. I clearly have a ways to go for it to fill, and am taking this opportunity to add structure before planned initial fish stocking next spring.

I've added some natural fall-downs and some man-made structure with natural logs, and am planning to add pallets. Along half of my eastern bank adjacent to a dock I have a pea gravel beach, which will help for launching kayaks and provide some habitat for BG spawning.

I don't desire to have riprap all around my pond, or even along a majority of my eastern bank (winds are prevailing from SW, but wind action on pond will be limited by trees), but I do see great benefit in having at least some rock piles.

It will cost me about $350 to have a triaxle of riprap delivered.

As an easier to source and move option, would using cinderblocks (since I have to buy some to weigh down my other structure anyway) and making irregular pyramids with them provide a similar structure benefit to rock piles?