John here. . .

I have been reading the forum and learning for over a year, waiting on the day to get my house and pond built. I retired from 28 years of Federal Law Enforcement last December 31. Wife and I bought 20 acres, and are building our retirement house. Pond builder should be done tomorrow. Pond should be about 1/2 to 3/4 acre. I am going to have A Lot of questions, so here is the first. . .

. . . I need to get grass or weeds growing ASAP! Don't want to watch my dam wash away. As you can see from the picture, the bull dozer has packed the dam pretty well. The property is Sandy Loam with some clay below, that is intermixed in the dam. So, what would y'all suggest for getting some grass or weeds started. I ultimately want grass, but I'll take some weeds right now just to keep erosion down.

Has anyone ever used any of this? https://grotrax.com

Well. . . I tried and tried to figure out how to post a pic on here, but alas I had zero success. I will add the pic, if I can figure it out. But, I think y'all will be able to answer the question without the pic. I just would like to add a pic with my description.

Thanks for any help. . .